Viacheslav I. Adamchuk, Ph.D., P.Eng., P.E.
Hello! Vitaiu! Zdravstvujte! Bonjour!
I am a Professor in the Department of Bioresource Engineering at McGill University. Originally, I am from Kyiv, Ukraine were I obtained a mechanical engineering degree from the National Agricultural University of Ukraine in 1996. I have received both MS (1998) and PhD (2000) degrees in Agricultural and Biological Engineering from Purdue University.
For the first decade of my academic career (2000-2010), I was as a faculty member in the Department of Biological Systems Engineering at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. Currently, I lead Precision Agriculture and Sensor Systems (PASS) research team. My original research interest is design and analysis of automated systems for mapping soil properties on-the-go.
Selected Power Point Presentations
Precision Agriculture Extension Circulars
- GNSS-based auto-guidance in agriculture (Adamchuk, Stombaugh, Price)
- Weed targeting herbicide management (Adamchuk, Bernards, Meyer, Mulliken)
- Satellite-based auto-guidance (Adamchuk)
- Characterizing soil variability using on-the-go sensing
- Site-specific management of soil pH (FAQ) (Adamchuk, Mulliken)
- Listening to the story told by yield maps (Adamchuk, Dobermann, Ping)
- Application of remote sensing in site-specific management (Adamchuk, Perk, Schepers)
- On-the-go vehicle-based soil sensors (Adamchuk, Jasa)
- Untangling the GPS data string (Adamchuk)
Other Personal Sites
Last updated: February 20, 2017